Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Camera Angles

A father of young children was rushed to the hospital with chest pain. Medical personnel determined he had two arteries blocked 70-90%. The hospital staff would not release him and scheduled surgery for next day.

I received the phone call asking for prayer. As I prayed on the phone I heard myself say, "When they go into surgery they'll find the arteries clear."

The next day, another phone call came from the same faithful family member. "When he went into surgery they found the arteries totally clear! They're saying it was the camera angles!?!? I told them, "It's not the camera angles, it's GOD!"

I related the facts to a doctor friend, as well as a nurse who works in the emergency room of a local hospital. I asked for their expert input. How conclusive is the test for blocked arteries? The doctor described the extensive procedure that determines occluded arteries, the views taken from different directions – the details are beyond the scope of this blog.

The doctor then asked me the same question Bridge for Peace lay people asked. "What about his chest pain?"

I checked with the family. The reply, "Chest pain? He has none."

From this angle, it looks like God receives all the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment