Sunday, May 20, 2012

An Extravagant Gift


Ed and I will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary in Jerusalem on May 27th – Pentecost Sunday. An amazing gift! We'll be leading a special Bridge for Peace team in Israel and I have been so excited from the very day I realized God's timing. I remember sitting around the table praying for an understanding of God's heavenly schedule for the departure of the team with a dear group of Bridge for Peacers who were discerning God's call to Israel.
God had been inviting us to Israel as a team for many years. One day I heard Him say, "Are you going to take Me up on it?" I never want to miss any opportunity the Lord is giving. I wondered, "Is the time now?" About a year ago, we began to pray with others discerning the call to serve in Israel. We prayed for the timing and sensed the call was to be in Jerusalem to celebrate Pentecost. Checking the date we found Pentecost was our 40th anniversary. I jumped up whooping with joy and started to dance! Julie who was with us that night said, "Annette, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel." I laughed with joy, it was the only appropriate verbal expression of my emotions! And God has just given us another extravagant gift!
I just had news from Marj who helps manage the Jerusalem Prayer Tower. She has reserved 12 noon-1:30 on May 27th for our Bridge for Peace Team to worship God on the 14th floor of the Prayer Tower in the Jerusalem on Pentecost Sunday, our 40th Anniversary! I just had to share with everyone about God's extravagant love. The amazing plans God has for all of us to bless us in ways we could never imagine. Alleluia, Lord, thank you for arranging our lives! I love Your Ways and Your plans!
Thank you for another extravagant gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment