Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Night of Promise

Arriving in Katwe, Uganda at night, I glimpse the newly constructed worship platform decked out in festive yellow bunting and I hear the worship team testing the sound. I am reminded of the massive effort these conferences require. In other towns on our itinerary, tree limbs and planking would be hammered into temporary sanctuaries for outdoor worship meetings. Africans, Australians, and Americans all invested hundreds of hours - praying, planning, communicating across three continents, building - the Africans even installed plumbing to make the visiting team more at home. With months of preparation behind us, B4P ministry would finally begin in the morning. My prayer that night was to rest in the truth that we had done all that was humanly possible. In the morning, God would take center stage and manifest miracles that could only occur through the supernatural power of Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit would begin to use translators, prayer teams, worship leaders, musicians, teachers, witnesses - every willing person to do His extraordinary work. As weary as I was, I could hardly wait for the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment